24 February, 2018

Calling Dr Frankenstein

My body is falling apart, and I need Dr Frankenstein to put me together again! The bits that are annoying me the most are the pains in my hands, and the muscles in spasm in my back.

My hands were really sore about 20 months ago. Then, any pinching/holding movement was too much for me. The physio was less than helpful and told me the problem was I was knitting too much, and that if I stopped it might sort itself out, but until then, they couldn't do anything to help. It was a load of rubbish. Some time spent on the internet revealed a whole raft of exercises I could do that would ease the pain, and improve the situation. Needless to say, I'm back to those exercises again.

There's a muscle in my back, one of the long ones that curves from the back, round the side and to the front, that's causing problems. It's not behaving itself, and is tense so much of the time. It likes warmth. It like massage and it likes slow, gentle twists. However, it doesn't like many other things, and shouts and moans when it's not happy. The gentle rocking movement of cycling helps once I'm doing it. 

I wish Doctor Frankenstein could come work his science on me, and give me a better body. I'll keep my brain though.

No comments:

Post a Comment