05 February, 2017

15 Minutes Cluttering: Under the Bed


There was not a lot to declutter under the bed. Two items of crafting have been relocated and dust bunnies have been evicted. The only things under the bed now are two large suitcases (too big for me to lift on top of the wardrobe) and a plastic storage box for my finished crafty projects. This is a place to store gifts and items for charities.

Moving from the kitchen into the bedroom raised some feelings of unease in The Beloved. He sees me as head chef, and himself as sous. I get to decide what happen in the kitchen. The bedroom, on the other hand, contains some of his stuff. He was concerned I might start decluttering his belongings. This is far from the truth; I will not throw out or give away his possessions. I would hate it is someone was to do that with my things. Therefore I would never do that to someone else.

The Beloved's shoes, trainers and slippers have been put on display. My inclination is to put his slippers in the bottom of the wardrobe. He only uses them when he is ill and during non-ill times they sit under the bed gathering dust. I'll ask him to sort through his footwear and decide whether anything should be shown the bin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment