21 April, 2023

Aging Gracefully?

 


This story is not keeping my attention. It's a bit boring, and my mind keeps whirling off into all sorts of  other directions.

  • Imagine going through puberty, but it lasts 15 times as long as anyone else
  • What happens with mensuration? Do you get a period every month, or every 15 months? Once every 15 months would be fantastic!  
  • What would I do with all of this time?
That's a really good question, what would I do with all of this time? My first priority would be making sure I had money - it doesn't buy happiness, but it definitely buys a great deal of security.

I'm imaging I'm living now, I've reached puberty, and over the next couple of years realise I don't appear to be aging. I'm also imaging I am not prepared to seek medical advice. My three goals are to earn money, educate myself, and to learn how to forge identities. 

When I reach the apparent age of 19-ish, I'd forge an identity for myself that would get me into medical school, and I'd learn the doctoring. If I can't go to a doctor, then I'm going to make sure I can still receive medical attention. 

Another task would be buying a house to let. I'd become one of the tenants, along with others. University towns would be a good place to do this. Fresh waves of young people coming in each year. People needing accommodation for a year or two. I'd be hidden in amongst the students. When it was time to move on, I'd buy another house in a different location using a new identity. Then at some point, I'd establish a property company, sell my house to that company, and start employing people to manage the properties. 

The idea would be to create the equivalent of  'generational wealth'.  There would be a steady, passive income source, chuntering around in the background. I could then buy a house, in cash, every 8-10 years, live there, and add it to the portfolio. Every 30 years or so, I could move back into the area, and pretend to my own daughter, niece or granddaughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment