08 April, 2021

No Buy March

 

At the start of March, I decided not to buy anything except for consumables, and presents. I would not worry about emergencies. If one came along, it would be dealt with. 

My No Buy March was great success. Nothing bar consumables and presents were bought. This, along with lockdown, resulted in £500 less being spent in that month. To help keep track of things, I kept a record of things I wanted to buy... 'wanted' is not the right word.... things I was considering buying. The items I decided to buy are new socks, a fitted sheet, a glass jug (to replace one that broke), and a leak-proof bowl (so I can pack my breakfast and eat it at work). After chatting with the Beloved, we decided to buy a new mattress.

On my last birthday, I decided not to buy any new clothes (unless it was an emergency), apart from underwear. There was a wibble at Christmas, and I bought a dress and wrap. Two items in nine months, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment