09 April, 2021

Big Boat, Big Money




Sailing Yacht A, the largest sailing boat in the world is currently in Douglas Bay. It's a wee bit big. Here's what it looks like against the Tower of Refuge, and also with a smaller yacht.This boat cost over £300 million to buy.

One of the games the Beloved and I play is 'What would you do if someone gave you X amount of money?" My first purchases are almost always the same, 3 pairs of shoes made to fit me perfectly. Then I stray into such areas as paying off the mortgage, buying houses for our children, and renovating our house.

Currently my next impulse would be to choose some Manx charities, and top up their incomes to compensate for the dip caused by Covid. Then look at local businesses that have been hit hard.

I'd also like to look at buying larger commercial premises - somewhere with good parking, on the major bus routes. It would have a much larger shop floor, a space for lessons and tutorials, a huge storage area.

There are many other things I would do with that amount of money. But, it ain't mine, and it isn't likely to ever be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment