05 April, 2021

"Leftovers" Blanket

 

Way, way back in the mists of time, I was making loads of hats from chunky yarn, I decided to crochet a blanket to use up the ends of balls. It sounded such a great idea, and an excellent way to force myself into random. But the problem is, I don't actually like random. I like pseudo-random.

I was crocheting away, using the hook I had on hand. Some questionable yarns were included in the blanket, and well, I wasn't liking it. I decided to restrict it to cream-white through to dark grey, greens and purples. This was way better. However, there was a problem with my tension, caused by using the wrong hook.

Boring story cut short, I'm frogging the blanket and re-working on a better hook, and eliminating a few yarns that crept in.  It's looking so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment