04 January, 2019

The Migration Begins


My goal was to use my old computer for as long as possible, and then when it failed I'd redeem my Christmas laptop voucher. The Beloved had a quiet word with me and explained that his criterion for switching to a new computer would be when the old computer was regularly causing hassle. With that in mind, here's my new computer, an HP Stream 11. 

It's almost the same as my old one. The major differences are: it doesn't fall into a coma when it's meant to be going to sleep; there's double the RAM and storage; the keyboard layout is ever so slightly different (I'll be hitting # when I mean to press 'return'); the touch pad has a different texture. Oh, and it's grey and black rather than blue and white. The new machine is just as light as the old one, and I'm expecting the battery to be just as long lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment