08 January, 2019

Singer Machine


A friend came over for coffee this morning, and I was showing her my purchase from Christmas Eve, treadle irons from an old Singer sewing machine. I explained I'm going to take a wire brush to certain bits, oil stuff, and paint it. Then, I'll have a table made for the top.

She stared into the distance for a few moments, and said she had an old sewing machine she wanted to declutter. When I saw it I thought it was an old hand-crank. It can be used in that way, but it is really designed for a belt to attach to the wheel and the machine operate by the treadle!

My plans are changing. I'm now thinking about having two tops made for the irons. The first would be a smooth, flat top, and the other would have a housing for a sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment