30 January, 2019

Keep Daily Items Within Reach

Whilst listening to an audiobook, I heard, "Keep the things you use every day close to hand. Store the items you use less than once a week on the higher shelves."  It was so simple, breathtakingly obviously, but it hit me hard. I haven't been doing this. Another idea is to have hobby stations. Gather together all of the items pertaining to a hobby, and store them together. When you want to engage in the hobby, you go to the box/area, and everything you need is right there.

With these two principles in mind, I've decluttered and organised the cake decorating supplies that were in drawers in the kitchen. One item remains in the utensils drawer, a rolling pin. This is also used when I'm baking, and so straddles the two activities.

I now have two empty drawers in the kitchen.  What shall I do with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment