11 June, 2018

Knitting the Italian Way


I'm going to be using an Italian knitting pattern for the first time. It is very much a 'get the gist of it and try to decode the rest' project. I was pretty sure it was 'Cast on 126 sts on 3mm needles, join. Work 1x1 rib for 2.5cm, Switch to 4mm needles, and increase by 6 sts. Work 9cm in stocking stitch.' Just to check, I popped it into Google translate, and was told that the increases didn't justify a press release. Also, I had to wash it til it was 9cm. 

Google is having problems with the difference between 'lavorare' and 'lavare' (to work and to wash). I'm going to go with my 7 hours of Italian classes and say it's 'work', not 'wash', and I'm ignoring the bit about increases not justifying a press release. My knitted increases are totally worthy of a press release!

No comments:

Post a Comment