17 December, 2012

Christmas Preparation - part 1


The Beloved loves Christmas cake. Many years ago whilst my Mam was in college, she was give a recipe for a rich, dark fruitcake. When my beloved ate this cake he fell in love all over again.

My health has been bad in recent years and all the little extras got left by the side. This year, for the first time in about 5 years, I have made a Christmas cake. My beloved is in heaven - well, almost he has to wait until Christmas day for the cake!

Being well puts a new light on things, and I am able to plan far better. The plan for the next week is to do a few Christmas related things each day.

Today's Christmas food prep was meant to be par-boiling carrots and parsnips. These would then be frozen and be brought out on Christmas day to be roasted. Unfortunately, I was distracted and they ended up being boiled. Now, there's carrots in the freezer and some mashed parsnips. Ah well, not quite what I had in mind, but it will taste good.

At lunch time I bought stamps for the cards. I am hoping to write some cards tonight and then send them tomorrow along with a couple of gifts going to Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment