25 December, 2012

Christmas Preparation - part 5

On Sunday morning I made a list (I checked it twice); it had three items on it, eggs, cream and mushrooms. No need to take a shopping list of just three items! Um…
There was a queue of cars waiting to get into the shop’s car park, and this made me a trifle worried. However, when we got inside it was busy, not crazy. People were not in a frenzy, and were being polite to each other. It wasn’t an unpleasant shopping experience. When we got to the tills, all of them were open. At each one a person was being served and a second person’s shopping was being loaded onto the conveyor belt, and that was it! They were getting through the customers quickly and efficiently. (One year, I went to a different shop. It is double the size, and it was bad. Thankfully I had taken my knitting with me. I needed it. The queues were about 10 people deep for each and every till.)
I went with the idea that we would buy anything that we needed/wanted for the store cupboard and freezer, but that there were those three things needed for Christmas dinner. 
It's rather fortunate that there is a convenience shop just around the corner, and my husband has just popped out to it, to buy eggs and mushrooms. :o)  
As Meatloaf almost sang, "One out of three ain't bad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment