23 December, 2012

Christmas Preparation - part 4

This morning I woke at 4am in a panic thinking I had forgotten something. Now, at 8am, I am ready to go back to bed and sleep for a few hours. If only that feeling had flitted over me about 3 and a half hours ago!

But, with this 'dead of night' thing happening I now have my last minute shopping list (eggs, cream and mushrooms), two marzipan-ed cakes and many yawns. :o)

A couple of Christmases ago one of our Christmas stockings disappeared.  Our four-person family was forced to survive with only 3 stockings.   I must admit that this does not rate highly on the world's stage of politically or culturally significant events.  It didn't even rate highly in our home!  

This year, H's boyfriend (J) will be with us for Christmas, and 3 stockings amongst 5 seemed to stretch 'odd' into 'weird'.  Therefore, yesterday I made a couple of new stockings.  Normally I would embroider the person's name across the top, but for J, who is blind, an other idea presented itself whilst I was buying some of the materials.  There were beautiful little red glass beads and would make a great set of 'dots' for a Braille Christmas stocking.

H and J were delighted with the result, J's name spelt out in Braille using glass beads.


No comments:

Post a Comment