27 December, 2012

Hand-made Christmas Presents

There are times when hand-made Christmas presents are wonderful things, and other times when they are just wonderful ideas.

This year I managed to make a grand total of three Christmas gifts, and that is only if you count a pair of slipper socks as two items!

I decided around the 20th of December that I was not about to knock myself out trying to get all of my ideas into the realms of reality.  Instead, the days between Christmas and my return to work on the 7th of January would be crafting days.

Today, I am working on a Rubik's Cube tissue box holder for Number 1 Daughter. I looked at various pictures of the tissue box on-line and did not feel comfortable with any of them.  I could not be sure the puzzle could be solved.  Yes, that does sound a bit odd, but I wasn't about to make a Rubik's Cube tissue box holder that wasn't solvable.  :o)

After borrowing a cube I decided on this particular organisation of colours.  I can assure everyone that this pattern is definitely solvable. 




These are the six faces of the cube.  The letters show how to join the faces.  As join with As and Bs join to Bs, etc.  The middle orange square on the fifth face has been greyed.  This is to indicate where the opening for the tissue should be made.

I have included all six faces, but I will only be using five of them.  There will be no bottom to the tissue box holder.  Instead, the tissue box will be held in place by a couple of strands of elastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment