03 July, 2020

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Friends laughing together
No, not those New Yorkers, but friends who we meet along the street, friends we meet in town, those friends.

Aren't they just brilliant!

I have really missed spending time with friends, a catch up over hot chocolate and cake. It's so good to be able to meet again and just be.

This morning I made chocolate brownies. Some of them were left for The Beloved and The Offspring, some were taken to the local shop, and the rest were consumed by Cat and myself.

It was most amusing, Cat bit into a brownie and let out a groan of pleasure. She then announced we had to have a moment of silence for the wonders of brownie-ness. With my brownie, I had mint tea, the mint picked fresh from the garden. It was rather fantastic, so fresh and refreshing.

Then the chat started. We talked and talked, about everything and nothing. It was so good.  After two and a half hours, we hugged and parted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment