20 May, 2020

Tidy Table


I have a tendency to 'nest'. Over time stuff gathers around my chair or desk until I can't find things, or it infuriates me.

Habitica has enabled me to keep track, and remind myself to tidy my workspace, and it is working well. However, there's still quiet a few items I want close by. I had placed a foot stool under my side table, and had placed the knitting case, crochet case, needle case, needle threader, thread, tape measure, USB cord, and hand cream on the foot stool. It looked a mess!

One lovely dark brown, wooden, tray later, and everything has a place. It now looks contained, considered, and … is 'curated' too strong a word. Let's ditch 'curated', and just say I am happy to have the tools I need close by, and stored in a very tidy fashion.

Various minimalists and interior designers have been talking about how useful trays are. They define a space, and give the message "This a collection, not a random assortment of junk." And, it has worked. The space is nicely defined. Items aren't going to slide off the foot stool, and everything has it's place. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment