17 May, 2020

Dining Room into Office

The dining room had morphed into a 'stuff it in there, and we'll put it away properly at some point room' as well as being the space where we store items being given to charity shops. It was the place where I sewed and quilted. Now, it's the Beloved's office during the week. At this moment, it's where he is putting together a wooden model.

It has a laminate floor, and his office chair was slipping. This morning I bought a rug to prevent 'wandering chair syndrome'. I had looked online, and checked stock levels regarding a particular run in a dark mottled teal. When I saw it in the shop it was very obvious the pile was far too long for an office chair to roll over it. However, the chosen rug has colours that tone in with the curtains, and the art in the room, as well as having a suitable pile for a chair to run over it.

After 2 months working from home, we've changed the room around to reflect its new purpose. Instead of the table being in the middle of the room, it's up against a wall. It means the clutter is now at his back, and he doesn't have it in his vision all day. It also gives more space. The dog has discovered the space, and the new rug, and has decided she should spend time there.

By creating space, I can more easily get in and perpetrate decluttering. It feels good to be back to decluttering. I like restoring order. If only I could get my head around maintaining order too!

I've just realised the rug is the first non-consumable I have bought in 2 months! (I'm counting wool as consumable though - it is consumed by the knitting/crochet process, and useful items pop out of the other end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment