10 May, 2019

It's Not The Leaving Of Liverpool That Grieves Me


Leaving Liverpool never grieves me. It's is almost always the start of a journey or holiday. Or, saying 'fare thee well' to that city marks the last stage on our travels home. Saying goodbye to the city means I'm almost home, and will sleep in my own bed soon.

The crossing of the Irish Sea was incredibly smooth, but the truly noteworthy aspect of the trip was the colours of sunset as we sailed! Beautiful. 

I knew my phone camera would not be able to reproduce the colours faithfully, so I decided against trying to capture them. This image gives a flavour of what I saw.


The pink was a bit more saturated, and it was glorious as the colours merged into blues as the sunset progressed. There was such calm and serenity, a fantastic way to end a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment