06 August, 2018

Dog Blanket


A dog blanket in browns and blues. I decided dogs would far rather have a warm snuggly blanket than not have one because the knitter didn't have enough of any one yarn to make it. It was made using three strands of yarn knitted together. This method really does gobble up the yarn and make the knitting grow very quickly.

Eight balls of yarn were used to make it. Part of a ninth ball (the darkest blue) was used to finish it off. The rest of the ninth ball will be used up later in the month. 

I has quite a large de-stash last year, and my supplies of double knitting yarn have dwindled quite considerably. There is enough yarn to make three sweaters, but I'm not ready to use that yarn. That's in the 'protected' category. I think there's now less than 10 balls of unprotected DK yarn.  This month, it will be used up, and then I'll make a start on the 4ply yarn.  I'll probably knit it tripled as well and used it to make hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment