25 August, 2018

Defying Gravity


At the end of last month, I decided to drastically reduce the amount of chocolate, crisps and Coke I was eating. Since then, I've had two packets of crisps, 100g of chocolate and 3 sips of fizzy drinks. I've also stopped eating refined carbs, and have increased my fat and veggie consumption.  

The results are starting to show in my waisline. Trousers that were a little loose started threatening to succumb to gravity. But no more! I've spent time today altering two pairs of trousers to include buttonhole elastic at the waist. It is glorious having trousers that fit snugly around the waist again. Using the buttonhole elastic means that as more weight disappears, I can tighten the elastic. I won't have to buy new clothes for every new dress size. As long as my trousers and skirts fit at the waist I can cope with them being a bit baggy.

There's one more pair of trousers to do. The two pairs of leggings are already in a smaller size, and they fit well. T-shirts, cardigans, dresses and sweaters can cope with being a bit baggy too. But, when the winter comes I'll need to look at either altering my winter skirts, or making new ones.  I think I have a lovely mid grey woollen fabric. That might make a good choice for a new winter skirt.

I was easily spending £2 a day on sugary, fatty, unhealthy crap. I'm diverting that money from food into a clothing budget. By Christmas, there will be a approaching £270 in the pot. I'm sure I'll be able to find something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment