02 August, 2023

Exercising Whilst Under the Weather


Yesterday started with a nasty migraine, most likely weather induced. I was about to say, "All I was able to do was 10 medium-ish squats." Let's re-phrase, despite the migraine, I was able to accomplish 10 standard squats. These were done whilst holding onto the bannister for stability. This morning, I managed another 10 squats whilst using a stabiliser.

I dislocated my knee two years ago, and for 6 months it was partially subluxed. This is not a good thing (TM) for knees. There were lots of problems kneeling, and rising from the floor. With the exercise challenge, I decide it would be the perfect time to work on my knees, and get them back in working order.

My plan is to do 10 medium squats a day this week, and then increase to 10 in the morning, and 10 in the evening. When this become comfortable, I'll move on to the exercises in the 28 Squat Challenge. When the pause squat is easy, I'll start doing the single leg squats off a box, and the lateral squat. By that stage, I hope I will be able to work on really deep squats. 

However, I must, must, must not allow myself to try to do too much too soon. This is about improving my long term health and flexibility, not achieving milestones as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment