07 August, 2023

I need to see a doctor!


Many years ago, Little Miss fell and grazed her knee. I cleaned her up, put cream on the graze, and added a magical plaster. This stopped it all from hurting. 

The following day, on the way to church, the plaster fell off. Little Miss was not impressed, and declared, "I need to see a doctor!" Obviously she didn't, but she was insistent.

When we arrived, I saw a friend. "Hi, Phil. You're a doctor aren't you?"  Phil nodded, and replied 'Yes, but my wife is...' I knew what the end of the sentence and I  did not want Little Miss to hear it, so I stopped him mid-sentence. "Are you a doctor?" Of course, 'Yes' was the answer. "Could you please have a look at Little Miss's leg? She hurt it yesterday, and is a little worried." 

Phil examined the proffered leg. "Ah, yes. This must have been rather sore. However, it looks like it is healing nicely. My prescription is ice cream. Have some ice cream, either after lunch or dinner, and that will help."  Little Miss's eyes grew wide, "Okay!" and she ran off to find her friends.

Phil turned to me and said, "You do realise it's my wife that's a medical doctor. I have PhD in agriculture." Grinning, I replied, "If I had any concerns, I would have taken Little Miss  to see a medical doctor. But, she asked to see a doctor, and  did not specify the type of doctor."

No comments:

Post a Comment