12 June, 2020

Starting To Wave Goodbye To Lockdown Weight


A while back I lost more than 13.5kg (30lb). Slowly the weight crept back on, and then leveled out at a lost of 8kg. I was okay with this. When the Beloved was in hospital, I felt I was ambushed, and weight piled on. Then in lockdown the whole amount returned.

However, this month I've been taking steps. With the decrease in tensions on my little Island regarding Covid-19 and a return to work, it has all become so much easier. So far this month I have lost 2.2kg (5lb), and plan to keep it up. Currently I'm retraining my taste buds not to expect so much sugar. My goal is to lose about a kilo each week. 

Some might throw their hands up in horror and exclaim, "What's the point?" That's a really easy question for me to answer. I felt so much at a lower weight, and I greatly enjoyed the food I was eating. Losing weight was an act of self-care and self-love. 

One of the really good things about having trod this path before is I know I can lose weight, and I know how to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment