22 June, 2020

New Computer


My previous laptop was finding life rather difficult. It was often running at 100% capacity, and was often hot. This is not too desirable for a device sitting on my legs. 

I'm now using a Jumper ezbook. It's a smidge smaller than my previous HP, and it's ever so lightly heavier, but it works so well for what I need. Most of the time I want a computer to access the internet, write blog posts, for creative writing, and writing patterns. There's might be a few puzzle games thrown in the mix too. The small size makes it perfect for taking to a coffee shop for writing sessions. And of course, the light weight makes it perfect for people with dodgy joints.

The keyboard is an American one. The " and @ signs were switched, and there's a few other bits of weirdness. One big drawback of me is the function keys have been printed in a soft blue, and for me, this makes them almost unreadable against the soft grey of the keys. I've set the keyboard to UK configuration, and the keyboard cover that came with the machine has the UK layout. A huge benefit it the keyboard cover is printed in white on grey. This has made my life considerably easier. 

There is one area of the keyboard where I will need to take great care, the power button is where the 'delete' was on my previous laptop. Care will need to be taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment