13 November, 2019

World Kindness Day

"Throw kindness around like confetti!"


I had no idea World Kindness Day was a thing, but I love it. Be kind. Be gentle. Be loving. If in any doubt about how to react to a situation, be kind.


A post from my Facebook memories came up. It was from two years ago today, and it seems rather apt. "On coming out of the GP's surgery I asked for Celeste's arm to steady me. (I have a migraine.) We called a taxi and whilst waiting for it a fellow patient said she had overheard me saying I was dizzy, and could she drive me home. It was such a kind thoughtful gesture, so touching. I thanked her and explained a taxi was on its way. Here to all the people who are kind! You are wonderful."


That one little act of kindness made me feel a little better. We never know how our kindness can help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment