09 November, 2019

An Ironclad Memory


A memory came up on facebook, and it made me smile.

----

I was sitting down, getting ready to do some patchwork and quilting. Then I realised there was a 'hole' where something should be. What was missing?! A few head scratches later I came to the realisation that the iron disappeared!

Puzzled was I! Puzzled indeed. Eventually I asked my trusty side kick, Celeste Jeni Ketteridge. Pondering for a few moments, the response came back, "I think I saw Dad ironing a shirt a few days ago." What a dastardly thing to do! That man swiped my crafting equipment! And he didn't replace it!

The iron is now back in its correct location - beside the sewing machine and cutting mats. The miscreant is now serving his penance in the kitchen. All will be forgiven when a couple of bacon sandwiches appear, along with a mug of Earl Grey tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment