12 November, 2019

Attitude


I was watching a Swedish YouTuber, Northern Heart, listing the ways to survive the dark days of winter in the norther latitudes. One word that rang a bell with me was 'attitude'. There are many situations we simply can not change, but, our attitude changes our perception. Instead of looking out the window and bemoaning the rain, we can say 'Great! A perfect day to be snuggled on the sofa, listening to a podcast, and knitting.' The rain is still falling, the skies are still dark, but instead of being down about it, the application of a little attitude changes a dark, grey situation into a warm, cosy one.

As I was coming home from work today I realised my back was sore. Instead of moaning and groaning, my attitude was 'Fantastic, it won't be long before I can take some pain killers, and sit in my lovely chair.' Nothing had fundamentally changed. However, I was looking forward, and looking beyond. I've now had a couple of hours to myself, and my body is feeling quite a bit better. I'm ready to work through my 'To Do' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment