23 August, 2019

Mindfulness


Last night, I was looking through Amazon's reading recommendations, and spotted this little one. It was on sale for 99p, and I decided to take the plunge.

The first exercise is "In this exercise, the invitation is to pick as a focus of awareness a new aspect of life. You may really look at a particular leaf on a tree, or a stone, a flower, or a plant."

I tried, I really did. My focus was the parlour palm beside my chair in the sitting room. However, Madam Ava had other ideas. The chief amongst them was she should be the focus of my awareness, and strokes. This duly happened, and I pounded how our lives had changes since this beautiful dog joined us. I also thought about the family that felt compelled to give her up, and the love and attention shown to Ava at the MSPCA by staff and volunteers. 

It was indeed a calming five minutes, and one filled with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment