17 August, 2019

Christmas Hijacked?!


At Yarnies this afternoon, I was asked what I was knitting, and explained a bit of the Christmas Tree for Refugee project. Isobel asked if I was doing it the Women's Institute. She told me they were making a Christmas tree for the airport, and the tree is made from green knitted squares.

My mind started racing. I had spoken to people in the WI a couple of years ago about this project. Maybe they thought I wasn't going to pursue the idea and decided to take it up. There's so many conflicting thoughts and emotions. I'm feeling bereft.

However, I don't feel there's anything I can do about it just now. I'll start making inquiries on Tuesday afternoon. All I can do it take this maelstrom, put it in a box and then revisit it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment