22 August, 2019

Cycling Every Day (Or Not!)



One of my goals this month was to cycle every day. The aim was to start off with 1 minute on the first, 2 on the second etc. It was all going well until the 10th, and circumstances happened. I tried to do 21 minutes on the 11th, but managed about 15. On the 12th, I tried to reclaim the lost minutes, but failed. On the 13th, I wasn't feeling great, and no cycling was perpetrated, and well, it all came crashing down.

Part of me though, "This is not a problem, I can start over next month." But, another part of  me thought "Why the delay? The existing plan isn't working, so adapt. Change the plan. It doesn't have to be perfect, just a bit better than the current one. You can tweak it again and again, until it is serving your purpose."  "Oooooh!" thought a third part of me.

And so a new plan was created. This is a good plan, I like it. It allows for days when life is crazy, or when I am ill. It has the benefit of being simple.  Wanna hear the plan?

Each month, I am going to select an album, and then each day I will cycle for one song/track. The following day I'll use the next song, and then the next. If I miss a day due to business or illness I'll just skip it and not worry. If on any given day I want to cycle for longer, then that's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment