07 June, 2019

A Secret Hunch?


Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

Neither of us had a hunch about our deaths. The Beloved would like his death to be sudden. I would prefer to have a short, serious illness, oh painless too. This would be to allow family and friends to say goodbye, and for me to sign any paperwork that would be useful to have signed.

I do however know what I would like after I die. First of all, the medical profession can have any bit of me that would be useful to someone else. Afterwards, I'd like a 'green' burial, or woodland burial. The body is wrapped in a linen shroud, and placed in a cardboard coffin. There's no embalming. Then the body is buried in a field, and a tree planted on top. Over time, the field becomes a woodland. I'd also rather like bluebell bulbs to be planted too. That would look lovely.

I most definitely don't want to be embalmed, have lots of fillers, or be 'made presentable'. I'd also hate an expensive coffin. Go for simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment