04 June, 2019

A Perfect Day


What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?

This is the question that sparked an interest in the whole "36 questions that lead to love" thing. I had managed to plan the first hour of my perfect day, and it was shaping up to be really, well, perfect. It would start around 6-6.30am, with light coming in through the curtains, wakening me from a deep, refreshing sleep. I'd check social media, then snuggle with the Beloved. After a while, Ava would join us. I'd then get up and cycle whilst the Beloved would make bacon and cheese puffs, and a cup of berry tea. I'd have time to have a shower before eating breakfast. Then we'd head out to do something interesting. Rewind, get dress, then head out.

I couldn't decide what would happen next, so I set it aside knowing I would come back to the subject today. However, I've just been listening to David Tennant, Michael Sheen and Neil Gaiman talking about the television adaptation of "Good Omens". The last question they were asked was "How would you spend your last day if you knew Armageddon was arriving tomorrow?" Neil's answer sounded very much he was crafting a perfect for his 3 year old son.

This answer flipped my perspective. For my perfect day, I'd like to spend it with family and friends, doing the things we enjoy, but most of all taking the time to love and care for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment