04 February, 2020

New Techniques


This morning, I was telling Margaret about my Sigma 10 challenge. My Sigma 10 list is:
10 hats 
9 audiobooks listened to 
8 short stories written 
7 new techniques 
6 patterns written 
5 quilts 
4 blanket 
3 cardigans/sweaters 
2 skirts made 
1 guest bedroom created

I have made 13 hats this month, and as of yesterday, I had learned how to do loom knitting. Whilst talking with Margaret I explained I pick up a hook, twist and hook and do stuff. There were a few stitches I could already do, but had no idea what they were called. Margaret helped me put names and stitches together, and she also taught me to work 'corner to corner'. 

That was an interesting one as I was trying, and trying, and thing were looking weird, then suddenly I said "I know how to do it!", ripped things out and executed the stitch perfectly. I don't know what I was doing wrong, nor what clicked, but I can do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment