26 January, 2020

Lemon Soap

When my daughter was visiting at Christmas, she raved about the soaps I have made for her. She has problems with eczema, and the soap do not exacerbate the situation, but helps. As we are going to visit soon, I decided to make some more.

One of the requests was to keep it simple. In a previous batch, I had great fun creating a rainbow of clear soap, set in white fluffy clouds. It looked great when it was first made, but the colours leached out into the white fluff, and it became somewhat muddy and less appealing. 

This time, I decided to make a clear lemon bar. A tad too much yellow colourant was added, but I thought I could get around this by making a white opaque layer on top. Then I thought, "Oooh, how about adding the white before the yellow has completely set?"  Great idea, but I was impatient, and poured the white whilst the yellow was too warm. The result has been a very gentle mottled lemon appearance rather than rivers of clear yellow and opaque white. Ah well. It looks nice. It isn't going to discolour, and it smells great.

No comments:

Post a Comment