18 January, 2015

'Dry January'



It's now 18 days since my last Coke. My eyes have been trained to simply glide passed those little bottles and cans of loveliness.  The more Coke I drink, the more Coke I want to drink.  However, when I stop drinking it the desire dwindles.  

I have been wondering if the same might be true for crisps.  If I don't eat them will my desire decrease?  It seems there is some truth in it.  This month I'm concentrating on 'No Coke', but I've also had a week free from crisps.  Me thinks that next month I will make into a 'No Coke, No Crisps' month.

I've done this before, and the weight gently slid off me, little by little.  This new year feels like a good time to make one healthy change each month.

- - - - -

In other news, the first two projects of 2015 have been completed!  The first was a new small shawl for myself, and the second a hat for charity.  Last year many hats were made, and it was a great way to use up stash.  I don't know quite what happened, but my stash seems just as big this year.  Actually I do know what happened.  I bought yarn to replace it, and was given yarn as gifts.

This year is a Cold Sheep year.  I am not buying yarn.  Everything will be knitted from stash.  The only exception will be if I am commissioned to make an item.  They will need to provide me with the yarn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment