04 January, 2021

Good Habits - A Small Beginning


One of my tendencies is to leap in with both feet, both hands, well.. everything. This is not the way to create good, long-lasting habits. 

There's a couple of ways to make new habits, and to get them to stick. 
1. Make small changes.
2. Tie the new habit into something you already do.
3. Don't make it a matter of will power.

On Christmas Day, I decided the small table beside my chair was far too cluttered. I cleared it off, apart from  some herbal tea, a coaster, and my laptop. I've been doing it now for 9 days. This prevents the table becoming too great a mess during the day, and it reverts to its 'base state' each evening. 

I've also been laying out my clothes for the morning too. It's felt good waking and not having to think about clothes. It will make work mornings especially easy.  To help with creating easy mornings, I've added in a new habit: remove soup/lunch from freezer the night before. This will give the food a decent time to defrost, ready either for heating, or to be packed in our lunch boxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment