21 December, 2017

Building Materials Have Arrived

The building supplies have been delivered. They tried to deliver via the back lane. The big wagon didn't make it, the smaller wagon didn't manage it, and this morning it was delivered to the front garden. 

The task of moving it through the house has started. I'm lifting the blocks by hand and placing on a sack truck. There's a trundle through the house, up a lip at the back door, and down a step. The blocks are then set in a stack. I am capable of moving one block at a time. This is not going to be a quick procedure! 

My aim is to move 10 blocks per hour. This gives me time to move the blocks, and then sit down and do nowt. I'm going to sleep incredibly well tonight!

----

That's three quarters of a tonne moved! The Beloved has taken over and is able to move 2 at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment