18 December, 2017

Ava's First Night


At 2pm yesterday, we went to collect Ava. She was happy to see us, but then got a little distracted by the bags of cat treats in the office. 

The car ride home was interesting. Ava was in the back of our hatchback, and C (The Younger Offspring) had their hand over to reassure her. This didn't work terribly well. After a little whines, Ava decided to climb over the back seat to be with us. Thankfully, it was a small, country road with no traffic, and there was a car park very close by. Ava ended up sitting on the back sear, looking out of the windows.

At home, she had a good sniff and explore. After a hour or so, The Beloved and I went out shopping, leaving Ava alone with C. This did not go without incident. A pair of my shoes has been chewed, and are now in the bin.

At 7am, I got up and went to the loo. A doggy shape emerged from the sitting room. This was accompanied by a waggily tail, the waggiliest I have seen from Ava. She came up the stairs to greet me and have a bit of love.  

I shall admit to wondering whether we would have a disturbed night, and if there would be destruction this morning. There was a slightly disturbed night, I woke at 2.45 and 5; I think this was just me listening out for noises.  And everything was exactly as it should be. I could see where Ava had been sleeping on the sofa, her white hair testifies to that.

The morning walk went well, although Ava was pulling a little at the start. I think it was excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment