01 May, 2015

Iron May, or A Slow Triathlon

One of my friends has roped me into taking part in a 'slow triathlon'.  Normally a triathlon is completed with a 17 hour window.  With the slow version you still swim 2.4 miles, cycle 112 miles and walk/run a marathon, but instead this being confined to 17 hours, you have the whole of May to do this.


Today, being the first of May, saw the start of the slow triathlon.  At 6am I was up on my exercise bike for 17 minutes.  The Iron May Challenge rates this as a 4 and a 1/4 mile cycle ride.  Having been ill recently, I know that the chances of this being accurate are small.  My pace will be picking up as my health improves, and as the month goes on. Tonight I shall walk my first daily 1 mile walk.

My goal is complete the challenge by breaking down the cycling and walking into daily chunks.  The swimming will happen in bigger chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment