25 April, 2015

100 Crafty Days, quite a number of them!

I was supposed to write each day about my crafting and my thoughts on it. And, as you can see, I didn't even make it to the one week mark! This last week has been so very busy. The only time there wasn't something happening was Thursday evening.

It might be reasonable to expect that with a free evening I would be rather crafty, but no. All the other days I managed to knit a chunk of the cardigan, but on Thursday all that was accomplished were 12 stitches. Twelve whole stitches!

Yesterday was Day 10. And, for the first time, no knitting was done!

As I was walking home from work I saw some guys re-roofing a building. To one side were some hugely long pieces of wood, and to the other side, offcuts. A number of these offcuts are taller than me. I had been offered some strawberry plants and thought that the offcuts might make a good strawberry container. The guys very kindly said 'Yes' to my request for offcuts.

My crafting yesterday was cerebral. I spent time planning how the strawberry planter will be constructed, and then went to buy the supplies needed. The actual construction will be done almost by proxy. I will draw up plans, mark the wood, and where it should be screwed together. The Beloved will do the actual cutting and construction, and I will be his 'chippy's mate.

Oh, I've just realised we have some green wood stain. That would look nice on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment