18 April, 2015

100 Crafty Days: 3 and 4

Two days filled with craft!  My own crafting has continued on the baby cardigan.

On Friday evening a group of crafters met up with Norwegian crafters over on the Island for a holiday.  There was coffee, cake and crafting.  It was a truly delightful evening sharing with them.

Today, Saturday has been very busy!  There was  a craft fayre in Sulby with loads of different items for sale, and some crafts being demonstrated.  I was talking with a Ken who works in willow, and he very kindly gave me some willow to make into some climbing structures for sweetpeas. The demonstrated crafts were wood craving, willow weaving, signs made by wood carving, stone painting, latched rug making, spinning, and metal striking. 

Nicola Dixon was there too, and I have decided to buy one of her prints.  Her work is beautiful.  I also loved the rug making using locks from a fleece.  

I have been inspired  to make a stone cactus decoration, and also the support structures for sweetpeas.  But this cardigan needs to be finished first.

No comments:

Post a Comment