14 February, 2013

Hereford Helices

Last week, my daughter and I flew to England to enable her to attend two interviews for art college.  On the first day, we were going to be travelling at least six hours by train, as well as the flight over to England.  I anticipated that there  would have rather a lot of time to read and knit.

Reading didn't really happen, but a sock was designed and knitted during those couple of English days.  'Hereford Helix' was my first thought of a name for the design as we were travelling through Hereford, and the socks have a helical pattern.  My inclination when it comes to socks is an identical pair, but in this case, it made sense for the socks to be mirror images.  Therefore, instead of Hereford Helix, the pattern is now Hereford Helices.  

This is the third completed project in 2012: 3 in 52.  There's  pair of vanilla socks just waiting to have the toes grafted.  

This is the first time since starting the "52 in 52" that I have counted socks as one project, but it is also the first time I have included non-knitted and non-crocheted projects in the count.  



No comments:

Post a Comment