04 January, 2022

Second Day Falafels

Oh my goodness! The difference a day (and an onion) can make. 

A quarter of the falafel mixture was left in the fridge overnight, and this morning, half a grated onion was added. The falafels were shallow fried, and placed on top of my lunchtime salad, along with some garlic cream cheese (vegan).  So much better! SO MUCH!

It was still too sloppy, but there are plans in place. Next time, I'm going to use a couple of sweet potatoes. These will be roasted in their skins whilst another meal is being cooked. The spices will be bumped up, as will the parsley and garlic. A grated onion will be added too.

I'm also wondering about whether it would be worth trying to deep fry them instead of baking or shallow frying.

My plan is to experiment with the new falafel recipe on Saturday, and to leave it overnight in the fridge. This has the potential to create a really quick and easy meal if the work can be done the night before, rather than straight after I come in from work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment