04 October, 2019

Declutter The Understairs Cupboard


It's time once again to declutter the understairs cupboard. It was done earlier this year, but quite a number of items were put back in the cupboard to be donated to a charity shop in good time for Christmas. This feels like a good time.

I've recently decluttered the sitting room again, and there's a pile of games we no longer play waiting to go to a charity shop. It would be good for this collection of stuff to leave the house tomorrow.

I love the feeling of space that's generated when things leave. Last week I was feeding a friend's cats. Her house is physically the mirror image of mine. She is also a maximalist. It was fun seeing so many interesting things in her kitchen, but I could not live with that much stuff. I greatly prefer a tranquil space.

No comments:

Post a Comment