07 September, 2019

Time for Tea!


A lovely addition to my life, a new teapot. I drink either herbal infusions or loose-leaf tea almost every day. A teapot is a requirement. 

Sadly, my old teapot was no longer up to the task. A few weeks ago, I realised the collar (bit that the lid sits on) had a crack in it. As the collar is plastic it wasn't a big deal, but yesterday, I noticed the plastic sleeve also had a large crack. This had the potential to be far more dangerous. 

While the Beloved was making a pot of tea (in the new teapot) he checked to see the extent of the crack. There was not one but two, on opposite sides. The cracks extended about 90% of the up the sleeve. It really feels as if a nasty accident was only a few days away. Thank goodness we noticed in time! 500ml of boiling water in free fall is not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment