03 March, 2019

Quilting Course


Yesterday was the second part of the "Introduction to Free Motion Quilting" course put on by the Quilters Guild. I felt a great deal more confident this week than last, and comparing the output of both, I'm a great deal happier.

It is very much an activity requiring daily practise until the muscle movements are learned (much like writing), and then regular practise to ensure the skills are kept polished.

We were asked to bring along some patchwork to put into practise what we have learned. The image above is the front of the mat I made. This is the reverse.


Yes, still a great of the P word to be done, but for such a new skill, I'm happy with my progress. There's a couple of loops snags - I forgot to lower the foot, and it screwed up the tension.

This morning, I have been trying to improve the Cathedral window pattern.


There has been an improvement since yesterday. There are two places where the curves cross exactly! But overall, it's fine.

My plan is to quilt a 6.5" square each day, and then I shall stitch each block together to make a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment