30 December, 2015

A year without new yarn!

This last year has been rather odd.  I decided to go a year without buying yarn in an attempt to bring my yarn stash under control. There was a minor hiccough in November when I was asked for a fox hat as a Christmas present, but didn't have the yarn to make it. The Beloved bought the yarn for me, to enable the present to be made. After the fox hat was made I started using up the leftovers. This resulted in a second hat, and four pairs of fingerless mittens! 

My year has come to an end, and I have my 'one year chip'.



Whilst this is a lovely accomplishment,  it has come at a certain cost.  Instead of yarning (knitting or crocheting), I have been fabric-ing. Two quilts and a Christmas table runner have been made. Fabric has been bought. Essentially I have switched from one form of stash enlargement to another!

Therefore, I am ditching the 'Cold Sheep' method of stash reduction, and am returning to 'two from stash, then one new'. To get new yarn or fabric, I need to complete two projects from stash yarn or fabric, and only then can I buy something new. There will be a little bit of wiggle room, and a tiny bit can be bought to finish a project. However, the underlying principle is 'two from stash, then one new'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment