21 September, 2015

Twelve week fitness course

The National Sports Centre offers a system whereby your GP can refer you to trainers to help with your health.  In the last 6 years my shoulders have dislocated 3 times, and there are many, many subsequent dislocations.  It takes about 18 months for my shoulder to heal, and I've had enough.  I've asked for help in targeting the muscles that will help hold my shoulders in the right places.

The system means I have 12 free sessions at the gym and swimming pool between now and Christmas.  The woman handling my induction this morning will be seeking out exercises specifically for my shoulder issues.  

Today I spent 10 minutes on the treadmill, keeping my heart rate at around 130.  There was 5 minutes on the bike, again at 130 bpm, 50 repetitions on the rowing machine, and having a go on various other bits of kit.  This evening I took a half mile walk.

Next week, I'll do more work on the treadmill, bike and rowing machine, and hopefully add in some shoulder-specific things.  Then, it will be time to go swimming.  When I was swimming back in May I found it to be very useful for my shoulder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment