25 August, 2014

Un-Foo Your Habitat

When the children were small I realised I needed help in learning how to manage my home.  My Mam used the practise of 'stuff it all in cupboards and keep the surfaces clean'.  I was operating on a different model, 'keep the cupboards tidy and all the clutter on the surface'.  Neither of those approaches to housekeeping is good.

A friend introduced me to FlyLady.  She taught me how to tidy up, declutter and organise a home.  However, I did find her a home-grown wisdom just a bit syrupy sweet for my tastes.  Roll on a number of years, and I came across UfYH.  'Foo' isn't really the word they use, but I very rarely swear, and I'm such a delicate little flower...

FlyLady has a 'spoonful of sugar', whereas UfYH is much more a kick up the bum.  At the moment, I am more responsive to a kick up the bum.  :o) The idea is that you behave like an adult, and just get on with it!

I am really enjoying UfYH's mini-challenges.  They take a few minutes to do, literally a few minutes, and there's a feeling of accomplishment.  As part of the whole 'be an adult' thing, I'm going to use their mini-challenges, and also write up some of my own.  The idea is when I have a few minutes to spare I can look up these mini-challenges and get something accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment