29 May, 2013

Fifteen minutes on a sunny day

I love sunny days on my days-off; they make me feel alive and as if I could accomplish anything I set my mind too. Today is a bight, sunny day, and it will be a '15 minute day'.

Often we become overwhelmed by all the stuff we have to do. But, I know that I am able to work for 15 minutes, and that can make a big improvement. On a '15 minute day', the day is split into chunks of 15 minutes. I do one 15 minute task, and at the 15 minutes, I say 'Done'. It will have been improved, but it might not be complete. I can always go back and do another 15 minutes later. After three 15 minute chunks, there's time for a 15 minute rest.

It feels so good to get so much done, and still to have time to play.

My first task has been completed; 'Put a load of white washing in the washing machine'. I am now about to head into the front garden for a bit of weeding.


  1. Put white washing in the washing machine
  2. Weeded the front garden
  3. Put away clean dishes and washed dirty dishes
  4. Cleaned window sill and area around sink
  5. Soaked the cooker hob in preparation for cleaning later
  6. More weeding done
  7. Put away dishes, pots and baking trays
  8. Blogged about cleaning and baking
  9. Make oat bread
  10. Made lemon muffins
  11. Hung out washing
  12. More weeding
  13. Tidied sitting room
  14. Did the washing up generated by baking
  15. Kept tidying the sitting room
  16. Brought in clean, dry washing and put it away
  17. Finished the tiding of the sitting room
  18. Collapsed in a pile, then ordered a Chinese takeaway :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment